- Summer is here and it is HOT. And while the rest of the country has been having a violently stormy spring, we're in the midst of a severe drought down here. Considering our climate generally resembles a rainforest, this is a Big Deal.
- I have been a movie-going fool lately. I've seen Thor (more fun than I expected, but not a great movie), Bridesmaids (not as funny as I'd hoped, but still enjoyable) and X-Men: First Class (fantastic). This weekend I think I'm going to see if I can talk Mr. Sus and the munchkin into going to see Super 8 with me.
- The White Collar season premiere was surprisingly good. Now that Kate's out of the picture, I have hopes that they'll keep the focus where it belongs: Neal's relationship with Peter. With as much bonus Mozzie as they can squeeze in there.
- Leverage comes back in a couple of weeks and I am totes excited. I miss my goofy, wonderful show when it goes away. Maybe this summer I'll even finish that Leverage/Warehouse 13 crossover fic I started a while back.
- Speaking of fic, instead of working on the novel I'm supposed to be writing, I've been simultaneously writing both my serial X-Men fic and a Castle fic. Yep, I've committed my first act of Castle fic. This is what happens when I happen to be reading Raymond Chandler's short stories at the same time the Castle season finale airs. And then I play a lot of LA Noire and the next thing I know I've written an AU story starring Castle as a hard-boiled private detective in 1940s Los Angeles. And shockingly, I actually finished it last night! I just have to go back and do some editing/revising/proofreading and it'll be ready to post.
- And not only did I write a fic, I seem to have made art to go with it: