- Happy 2006! May all your wishes for the new year come true, and may it be happier than 2005.
- Christmas in the Sus household was lovely and mostly stress-free. Plus, I got lots of sweet loot, mostly in the form of a giant stack of DVDs (mostly television shows), so I can knit and watch my way through 2006.
- New Years was wonderful, what with a visit from austin360 and dutch and dutch's friend J who was delightful. We ate way too much good food, saw Bob Schneider (Bob!), went to Austin, saw austin360's brother's band play in a skeezy biker bar, came back to Houston and spent a lovely New Year's eve watching Sports Night (shoe money tonight!), playing poker and listening to Richard (the friend who stayed with us during Hurricane Rita) play guitar.
- Also, weirdly, I don't think I've ever mentioned here that Richard's actually been living with us for like the last three months. He broke up with his old girlfriend and needed a place to stay until he could work out another living arrangement and he's just now moved into his new place. I guess I never posted about it because he used my computer all the time and therefore had access to my LJ and I would have felt weird if he'd seen that I was writing about him. He was a completely inoffensive house guest and the munchkin adored him, so it was no biggie, but it's nice to have it be just us in the house again. And to be able to fill up the guest room with crap, because everyone knows that's what guest rooms are really for.
- After months of labor, I managed to finish austin360's Gryffindor scarf in time for Christmas, and it turned out quite well, if I do say so myself. I may make myself a Slytherin scarf one day, but I need to take a break from the tedium of scarves for a while.
- I finished my Bubblefic! Go me! Now I just need to let it sit overnight before I take a last pass at it. And if anyone has time to do a quick beta pass for me I'd be most indebted. (It's BSG if that matters.)
- Save Our Bluths was the most awesome potential last episode of a television series ever aired. By the time Judge Reinhold walked in I actually had to pause the TiVo so I could clutch my stomach and try to recover from laughing so hard.
- I'm making a big pot of chili, despite the fact that it's currently 79 degrees outside. Ah, winter in Texas.
That is all.